Lakeside Entertainments Contest 10th September 2006
All is now set for a fine day of brass music at Lakeside in Nottingham. It is regretted that the planed Championship/first section and the top prize of £1000 has had to be postponed till next year, this is due to the fact of other contests on the same weekend and bands still on holiday.
David Read is the adjudicator and the larger than life Lyndon Cooper is the compare.
Seven fine bands have entered and they are-
- The Harborough Band (Chris Groom)
- Hawk Green (Marple) (Phil Pavey)
- Shirebrook MW Unison (Mark Wilcockson)
- Leicester Co-op (Graham Jacklin)
- Strata Brass (David Hirst)
- Unity Brass (Rob Boulter)
- Whitwell Brass Band (David Fretwell)
At the end of the contest the Newstead Welfare Band (Midlands Area Champions 2006) under Duncan Beckley will play a short concert before the results.
The draw is at 10.30am and the contest starts at 11.30am
Breakfast and an all day BBQ are on offer as is a bar.